OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
GIB Capital assists leading MENA clients with raising financing through international debt capital markets by acting as sole or joint lead manager and joint bookrunner as part of an issuance syndicate. By initiating contact with regional and international institutional investors, GIB Capital provides a critical regional viewpoint on transaction and assists in roadshow presentations, adding significant value through our leading MENA debt distribution platform with international reach. Our GCC focus enables issuers to create price tension in transactions and achieve optimal terms.
As a relationship-driven firm, GIB Capital views each global Eurobond issuance engagement as an opportunity to establish long-lasting partnerships with all stakeholders. The team understands the long term implications of the pricing of a transaction on a client’s general debt marketability as well as more immediate requirement of closing an issue and raising finance. Through its comprehensive contact-base, GIB Capital targets relevant investors and organises regional and international meetings. To maximise effectiveness, focus is placed on meeting actual decision makers. Working seamlessly with other joint lead managers on a transaction, GIB Capital strives to ensure that the regional aspect of the transaction receives the attention necessary for a successful close.
The GIB Capital team assists clients throughout the Eurobond issuance process covering following stages:
- Documentation, disclosure and structuring including Shariah advice
- Provide information on regional and international credit trends and market sentiment
- Sourcing and contacting regional and international investors
- Arranging and running roadshows
- Price guidance, syndication and placement, pricing, launch and closing of the transaction
GIB Capital is in a unique position to leverage the international resources of the GIB Group and match the issue with the appropriate pool of investors. Placement solutions are complemented by a unique marketing approach in the industry:
One of the leading firms in debt issuance domain in the GCC region.
Closed over US$ 7.5 billion in Eurobond issuances since 2010.
Relationships with regional financial institutions, asset management companies, insurance companies, sovereign units, strategic investors and high net worth individuals. Complemented by strong placement capabilities in the UK, Europe and Asia and GIB’s London based asset management arm, GIB UK.
In-depth Market Knowledge:
Up to date market intelligence to achieve the best transaction for clients.
Seasoned Team of Professionals:
Experts based in Riyadh, Dammam and Bahrain focus on book-building and investor appetite that cover the GCC region.
GIB Capital maintains strong relationships with more than 500 prominent institutional investors and high net worth individuals from the region.
Over the past 6 years, GIB Capital (and GIB) has arranged, placed and financed around US$7.0 billion of internationally syndicated debt capital markets issuances for major GCC borrowers.
Landmark international debt transactions include:
- Islamic Development Bank – Reg S Sukuk – US$ 1,500 million (March 2016)
- Sultanate of Oman- US$ 1,000 million syndication (January 2016)
- Islamic Development Bank – Reg S Sukuk – US$ 1,000 million (March 2015)
- Islamic Development Bank – Reg S Sukuk – US$ 1,500 million (September 2014)
- Kingdom of Bahrain – Reg S / 144a – US$ 1,250 million (September 2014)
- Kingdom of Bahrain – Reg S / 144a – US$ 1,500 million (August 2013)
- Gulf International Bank (GIB) – Reg S – US$ 500 million (Dec 2012)
- Kingdom of Bahrain – Reg S / 144a – US$ 1,500 million (June 2012)
- Almana Group W.L.L. – Reg S – US$ 215 million (July 2011)